Estates Administration Paralegal
We are a law firm in Vancouver, specializing in estate administration, trust and estate planning, tax planning, and estate/tax litigation. We are looking for a paralegal to join our estate administration team to work closely with our lawyers.
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator who is able to carry a complex file from beginning to end and possesses sound business judgment, and can maintain confidential communications. An ability to collaborate with our lawyers and all staff both in person and remotely in a supportive team environment is essential.
• prepare and draft legal documentation, correspondence and accounts as required
• setting up and managing, probate and estate/trust administration files
• communicating with lawyers and the personal representatives
• other tasks as directed by the firm’s estate administration lawyers
Qualifications and experience:
• paralegal diploma from an accredited institution (or relevant work experience)
• familiarity with the British Columbia Supreme Court Rules (probate), highly organized and
• excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
• ability to multi-task
• knowledge of WESA
• ability to accept and learn changing legislation (e.g. Property Transfer Tax Act and LOTA)
• ability to work remotely as needed – in order to ensure our employees are safe, we have implemented COVID-19 protocols and guidelines including plexi-glass, certain flexible shifts and remote work rotations
We are looking for a full-time, permanent position and we are striving to move towards a paperless practice.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience. We also offer a comprehensive healthcare benefits package as well as paid sick/personal time.
Please send your resume to Bibiane Bijsterveld, Office Manager, email@example.com.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.