An effective income tax plan is an integral part of any successful financial strategy. Our clients regularly contact us for advice and representation on minimizing tax and achieving their financial goals.
Our clients include corporations of all sizes, owner-managed businesses, as well as individuals with significant tax considerations, charities, foundations and benefactors who require assistance with their tax-planned giving.
Particular areas of expertise include advising clients on a wide range of issues affected by taxation including:
- personal taxation, including trusts and estates;
- family-owned businesses, including succession and transition;
- investment enhancement strategies, including minimizing taxation on share redemptions;
- corporate reorganizations, dispositions, mergers and acquisitions;
- international transactions with particular expertise in U.S./Canada cross border tax; and
- international business taxation, including international corporations doing business in Canada and Canadian corporations with operations abroad. Where required, we also work with clients seeking representation in tax litigation before the Tax Court of Canada, the Provincial Courts, and the Federal Court of Appeal.