Estate and Trust Litigation
Our estate litigation lawyers have a practice that is exclusively dedicated to estates and trusts. We act for individuals, institutional trustees, and charities in all manner of estate and trust disputes.
We have successfully represented clients in all types of estate and trust litigation including:
- wills variation claims;
- disputes over the validity of wills;
- litigation regarding the interpretation of wills and trusts;
- passing of executor’s and trustee’s accounts;
- applications for court direction on behalf of fiduciaries;
- litigation under the Patients Property Act;
- cy près and other applications involving charitable trusts; and
- applications under the Trust and Settlement Variation Act.
Our litigators are experienced at all levels of court in British Columbia, however we also recognize the utility and importance of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms such as mediation to resolve complex estate and trust disputes.