IT Support/Accounting Assistant
Legacy Tax + Trust Lawyers is a boutique downtown Vancouver law firm seeking a full-time IT Support/Accounting Assistant. Our lawyers practice exclusively in the areas of tax, estate and trust planning and administration, and related litigation. We are committed to being leaders in our respective areas and staying current on the latest legal developments. Simultaneously, we are committed to providing a collegial team environment with opportunities for professional development and advancement. This role reports to the Office Manager.
The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- daily end-user support for computers, mobile phones and applications
- troubleshooting various technological issues
- new hire training and continued training for existing end-users
- website updates
- regular contact and communication with IT Services Company
- support and assistance to AP and trust accounting
- billing, accounts receivable and daily bank runs
- prepare monthly PST remittances
- distribution of monthly financial reports
- administration and monthly audit of safekeeping
- prepare quarterly WorkSafeBC remittances
- assist with preparation of audits or independent reviews
- special projects from time-to-time, as required
- support and preparation of year-end accounting
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- a genuine interest in computers and excellent computer skills (familiarity with network computers is helpful);
- solid familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- always maintains a high level of professionalism; and a
- high degree of accuracy in work product with excellent attention to detail.
Our successful candidate will have at least one year of general accounting experience. You may have been an IT Help Desk technician and are interested in continuing to expand your computer experience. You are a self-motivated individual with a positive and team-player attitude who seeks to exceed expectations. You must enjoy challenges and work well under pressure. Experience with a professional services firm is ideal, but not required.
If this position describes you, we are pleased to receive your cover letter with resumé. Forward to the attention of Bibiane C. Bijsterveld, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those who are being considered will be contacted.